Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Peeping Tom







all pictures via Pinterest

Have you noticed a common theme running throughout all these pictures?  You guessed it, bamboo blinds.  Or woven blinds, if you will.  Big R and I were talking last night about moving back into our house in the next few weeks and we don't have any blinds or curtains for the windows!  And there is 0 in the budget for any "decorative" or as I see it "essential" items.  In an effort ot avoid any peeping toms, we are thinking of going with bamboo blinds-they are timeless in my eyes and add a bit of sophistication to any space.   My mom and dad have used them in their house for as many years as I can remember.  Another perk,  they are just not that expensive!  I remember Brooke's post about blinds last year and saved the link to Just Blinds.  You can get lined or unlined.  Or I may head down to Read Bros. here in Charleston and see if they still carry the sizes I need.  (we used to have them in our house until the cords popped after a lot of pulling and tugging from little hands!!!)

Now fast forward and this is what I'm hoping to achieve in our living and dining room in time! 
 Loving how they hung the rod as close to the ceiling as possible to add the allusion of height (even though the ceiling height in this room is probably 12-14 feet!!!!).  We have 8' ceilings throughout most of our house so this would be a genius way to give off the effect of taller ceilings!


And while we are on the subject of the house a few pics from our visit to the "work site." 




A boy's heaven!!!  They dig, run, ride bikes, dig, repeat..pure joy to be covered head to toe in dirt and sawdust!!!!



3 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

LOVE bamboo blinds! We have them in some rooms in our house in Pawleys! Also, I just ADORE that living room inspiration picture. I stare at it all the time on pinterest and keep hoping my living room will suddenly look just like it!

Melissa W. said...

LOVE bamboo blinds too! My twins would too be happy to play in all of that dirt and sawdust!

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I like bamboo blinds too. So funny we don't have that sort of thing in the budget either :) And the house is looking awesome!!

Post a Comment